Raspberry Pear Almond Cake
I typically try to share somewhat healthy recipes or things I would actually eat everyday. What I’m sharing today is not one of those!! BUT it’s beautiful, rich, and the perfect holiday dessert for those family get togethers and Christmas dinner.
For offering such a pretty disposition it’s actually a fairly easy one to throw together as well! It would even go nicely as a breakfast cake for Christmas morning. Hope you enjoy!!
A few notes:
I used a springform pan coated with non stick spray to produce an easy release and perfectly shaped cake.
This recipe can be made gluten free by substituting your preferred GF flour at a 1:1 ratio.
You can use an liquid sweetener you like, maple syrup, honey, or agave.
I used a light dusting of powdered sugar for a snowy look but you can skip it if you want to keep it sugar free.
You can can use fresh or frozen berries!
1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup flax meal
1 and ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup liquid sweetener
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tsp almond extract
¼ cup plus 2 tbs coconut oil (melted)
2 sliced bosc pears
1/4 cup fresh of frozen raspberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9 inch cake pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together using a whisk. (First 5 ingredients)
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, sweetener, vinegar, extract, and oil.
4. Create a well in your dry mix and pour in wet. Whisk until fully combined.
5. Gently fold in half the pears and raspberries.
6. Garnish top with remaining pears, berries, and all the almonds.
7. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Best served slightly warm.